We’ve all been there. We feel like the orphan problem is so huge, we can’t possibly contribute in a meaningful way. What could one person possibly do to help when so many children are in desperate need?
I’m glad you asked!
As you probably know, friends of The Boaz Project (like you!) brighten orphans’ birthdays and Christmases through simple gifts. These modest presents let a child know he is noticed, he is worthy, and he is special.
Today, I’m writing to share some ideas of how you can multiply your efforts so they can go even further. You may not be able to fund Christmas gifts for an entire orphanage all on your own, but with some ingenuity and effort, you may be surprised at how much you can do!
Here are a few creative ideas of how you can contribute to making orphans’ Christmas the merriest. After reading these, you’ll likely be able to add your own.
- That tuba that has been sitting in your closet since high school? Put it on eBay. When it sells, forward the proceeds to boazproject.org/OGB You’ll bring joy to several children…and have more closet space.
- Throw an early Christmas party. Instead of bringing gifts to exchange, ask your guests to bring a donation to give a gift for an orphan. Send those donations our way, and we’ll be sure the gifts are delivered.
- Leverage your business. If you have direct contact with customers, email Cathy at Cathy@boazproject.org and ask for a gift bank and sign you can place by a register. Customers can take part in brightening an orphan’s Christmas AND know that your company gives back.
- Skip your Starbucks habit for two-four weeks and donate the savings.
- Ask you Sunday School class, class at school, MOPS group, Boy Scout troop, small group, dinner club, play group or colleagues to join you. Set a goal for how many children you’d like to provide gifts for, and see if they can help you get there.
- Encourage your friends on Facebook to match your gift for orphans AND create a temporary profile picture. Just visit facebook.com/boazproject and look for the first post, then click the “try it” button. Don’t forget to add the boazproject.org/OGB url to your profile picture description.
- Hold a garage sale and let your customers know the money they spend will be helping to provide gifts for orphans through The Boaz Project. You can raise funds and spread the word all at the same time!
- Offer to do a side job: change someone’s oil, mow their grass or clean their house for a donation to boazproject.org/OGB
- Ask your family to skip a meal out and donate the savings instead. Your kids will feel good knowing they helped another child who will otherwise have no gift at Christmas.
- Recruit some friends to help you put on a car wash and see how many gifts you could provide after one afternoon outdoors.
Every gift of $30 provides a hand-delivered Christmas or birthday gift (including a gospel tract or presentation) for an orphan who would otherwise not receive any present. This is more than a material gift—it is the gift of attention and love.
Make your contribution at www.boazproject.org/OGB
Believing in miracles,
P.S.—Just remember…for us to guarantee gift delivery by Christmas, please make your donation by Nov. 21st.